Thursday, November 4, 2010

1 down, 7-9 to go...

I'm feeling very cozy this evening. When I got home I found 3 members of my family relaxing by the wood stove in the sitting room. Two of my favorite things! (family and warm snoozy fires)

So I plunked myself down on the ground and got to work on the ol' to-do list. I am happy to say that I got everything done, and was able to enjoy the company of my mother and siblings! I sometimes buy into this weird school of thought that says I need to shut myself in my room to get work done. How sad is that?

Get a load of this: not only did I finish up all the school work I needed to, I also cut the batting and the fabric for the quilted coasters I'm making for my grandmother (late birthday/early Christmas/thanks for buying me a fabulous sewing machine! gift) and I completed the first of 8-10 handmade Christmas ornaments for the freshlyblended 5th Annual Holiday Ornament Swap! Nicoliolio got me into it and now I've started making ornaments before I even know who I'm sending them to!



It is a Christmas carol sheet music snowflake (if you couldn't tell.) I was inspired by the kazillion sheet music wreaths out and about on the interwebs, but especially Miss Mustard Seed's. Okay, okay. I completely copied her. But, in my defense, her's is meant to be more of a wreath whereas mine is obviously a snowflake.

Unlike Miss Mustard Seed, I don't have much antique sheet music lying around so I went online and found this site and took the pages from a hymnal called Carols Old and Carols New. I didn't want a big giant wreath so I printed out teeny tiny miniature pages and rolled them accordingly. And the rest is pretty basic: I glued them to a small white cardstock circle, punched a hole in the top and tied a loop of white embroidery thread through it. It didn't take me long at all and I think it's darling.


I'm trying to think of a way to make it my own it a little more... I'd like to send out ornaments that are truly unique. I'm not even going to find out who's getting them until November 15th, and after that I don't have to send them out until sometime in early December. So I have time to think about it.

And now I'm off to bed! God bless you, everyone!

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment